Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine
Cynthia Pegler, MD
Dr. Pegler values the doctor patient relationship. She provides comprehensive care to her patients from adolescence throughout young adulthood in a comfortable and confidential office setting.
Adolescent and Young Adult
- Assessment and management of physical and emotional well being
- Physical exams for school, camp, sports, and work
- Immunizations for school, travel, and preventive care
- Sick visits
- Chronic illness care and management
- Acne, rashes
- Gynecological Exams
- Sexuality related issues for female and male patients
- Nutritional education
- Meetings with parents (when indicated) to discuss health issues and concerns
- Supervision of hospitalized patients
- Realizing patients may have multiple providers to treat a medical or psychological condition
- Working in conjunction or as part of a “team” with other providers involved in the patient’s care
- Helping to organize and sustain this “team” which can include other physicians, therapists, and nutritionists
- Consulting with medical specialists
- Consulting with school health professionals
- Depending on the circumstances, empowering the parents to be part of the team
About Dr. Pegler
Dr. Cynthia Pegler is a graduate of the Union College-Albany Medical College Six Year Medical Education Program. She completed a residency in Pediatrics and fellowship in Adolescent Medicine at North Shore University Hospital-Cornell Medical College. She is Board Certified in Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine. She is a member of the clinical faculty of NYP-Weill Cornell and the Lenox Hill Hospital.
Dr. Pegler is a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics, the Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine, the North American Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology and the Academy for Eating Disorders. In 2008, Dr. Pegler was a recipient of “Treatment in Excellence” Award by The National Eating Disorder Association.
She has been in private practice since 1990. In addition to her private practice, she is a medical consultant to the School of American Ballet. She regularly speaks to students and parents on wellness topics in schools throughout New York City.
Heavy Backpacks Weigh Down American Kids
Too Old for the Pediatrician?
Leaving the Pediatrician? Not at 26.
Please Call to Book Appointment.
Cynthia Pegler, MD
955 Park Avenue
New York NY 10028